The Purpose and use of Personal Information
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person.
We hold your personal data for the following purposes:
- verifying your identity;
- supply of goods and services to you;
- the promotion and publicity of any goods and/or services of MorriSofa and its affiliates, agents, contractors and third-party suppliers;
- the business planning of MorriSofa and its affiliates, agents, contractors and third-party suppliers, and/or the improvement of the goods and services provided to you;
- analyzing, verifying and/or checking of your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the supply of goods and services to you;
- processing of any payment instructions, direct debit facilities and/or credit facilities in relation to the supply of goods and services to you;
- collecting of outstanding amounts in your account (including the use of debt collection agents) and/or facilitating the daily operation of your account;
- enabling the company to comply with any obligations to interconnect with other industry practices, or with obligations to third parties or government agencies in relation to the supply of goods and services to you;
- improve our services, content, and advertising. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
- update important notices, such as communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies. Such information is important to your interaction with MorriSofa, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- enter into a sweepstake, contest, or similar promotion we may use the information you provide to administer those programs.
- prevention or detection of crime; disclosure as permitted or required by law. MorriSofa website’s server also collects customer’s data on browsing internet. Your visit frequency and volume will be recorded for further analysis so as to enhance our service quality to fulfill your expectation to our website. MorriSofa will also disclose such analysis or/and related user data showing the visiting records to any advertising agency.
The Purpose and use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information − data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, location, and the time zone where an MorriSofa product is used so that we can better understand customer behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
If we do combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Disclosure of Personal Data
MorriSofa will always keep all the personal data confidential. MorriSofa may disclose and transfer the personal data when it is necessary to satisfy the mentioned purposes, or directly related purposes, to the following parties:
- Our subsidiaries, associated companies, or companies controlled by, or under common control with MorriSofa;
- Any person or company who is acting for MorriSofa, or jointly with MorriSofa, in respect of the purposes or directly related purposes for which the data was provided;
- Any other person or company who has a legitimate right to keep such information confidential;
- Our dealers, agents, contractors, suppliers and other telecommunication, information service providers and control providers;
- Our professional advisers, including its accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- Government and regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies and other organizations, as required or authorized by law; and
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit information or reference bureau, or collection agencies, necessary to establish and support the payment of any services being requested.
Providing the required right/authority to access the personal data, any person or persons pursuant to any statutory or contractual obligations or as required by court of law will be able to access to the personal data. We may provide your personal data to another company which affects the control, governance, structure and/or management of all or a sustainable part of our business, or if required to satisfy applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
Cookies and Other Technologies
If you want to disable cookies and you’re using the Safari web browser, go to Safari preferences and then to the Security pane to disable cookies. For other browsers, check with your provider to find out how to disable cookies. Please note that certain features of the MorriSofa website will not be available once cookies are disabled.
As is true of most websites, we gather some information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information to understand and analyze trends, to administer the site, to learn about user behavior on the site, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. MorriSofa may use this information in our marketing and advertising services.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the MorriSofa website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a customer can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Our online store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, Union-Pay.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Protection of Personal Information
MorriSofa takes precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
Access to Personal Information
For other personal information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if MorriSofa is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law. Access, correction, or deletion requests can be made to the regional Privacy email addresses. MorriSofa preserves the right to charge you a reasonable administrative fee for the time and administrative work we spend to operate in complying with your requests.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
To provide location-based services on MorriSofa products, Apple and our partners and licensees may collect, use, and share precise location data. This location data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you and is used by MorriSofa and our partners and licensees to provide and improve location-based products and services. For example, we may share geographic location with application providers when you opt in to their location services.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy
To make sure your personal information is secure, we communicate our privacy and security guidelines to MorriSofa employees and strictly enforce privacy safeguards within the company.